- Frequently tested in published journals. - High accuracy and reliability. - Plug and play (no wire splicing is required). - Great technical support from Apogee.
To determine how much light received by the plants through sunlight or artificial lighting. This determine the level of activity estimated for the plant.
- Apogee recommended sensors. - The sensor is frequently tested in published journals. - High accuracy (+-0.02C) and reliability (up to 2 years warranty). - Great technical support from Apogee.
To measure the temperature and humidity around the plant. Determine the strategy required for heating and venting of the greenhouse. Paired with the leaf temperature sensor, VPD information from the plant can be acquired to estimate the stomata conductance of the plant.
- Relatively affordable price. - No issue in stock shortage. - Frequently tested in published journals. - High accuracy and reliability.
Estimate the net radiation absorbed by the plant. Estimate the quantity of water lost through evaporation, transpiration, and respiration. Ensure plant are receiving the optimum amount of water.
- Low power consumption. - High resolution (+- 50 ppm) - Affordable price.
Must Have (only for CO2 injected GH) - To optimize the required amount of CO2 required by the GH through CO2 injection. Valuable (for non CO2 injected GH) Vent the greenhouse if CO2 is depleting due to respiration at night.
- High accuracy (0.03C). - Frequently tested in published journals. Plug and play (no wire splicing is required). - Great technical support from Apogee.
Along with the temp and humidity sensor, the sensor measurement can be used to estimate the VPD of the plant. Adjust heating and venting strategy based on the VPD of the plant.
ECSoil TemperaturepHSoil Moisture
- Frequently tested in published journals.
Nice to Have (if no other methods of irrigation control is used). Measure EC, WC, and pH to determine irrigation frequency, flow rate, and time.
Nice to Have
- Frequently tested in published journals. - Affordable price.
Determine the temperature distribution on the plants. Determine optimum vent and heating strategy. Along with the temp and humidity sensor, the sensor measurement can be used to estimate the VPD.
- Thermocouple-based temperature sensor - Can avoid the high complexity of accurate temperature measurement due to removing the need to use an aspirator.
Measure temperature with high accuracy with the absence of an aspirator. User Guide
- Frequently tested in published journals. - High accuracy and resolution. - Great technical support from supplier and forums. - Affordable price.
Used to estimate growth parameters (leaf area index) in the digital twin model. Improves the accuracy of the autopilot AI model when paired with crop registration data.